Nagashima & Ohno
- Shozawa & Nagashima is formed as a partnership by four lawyers.
- Nagashima & Ohno acquires its name. Purposed to become a full-service law firm, the firm builds its organization, steadily growing in size to become one of the few domestic law firms fully capable of dealing with large transactions.
Tsunematsu Yanase & Sekine
- Several lawyers from the famous law offices established by Thomas L. Blakemore become independent as the Blakemore and Mitsuki Hibiya Annex.
- The name of the law firm is changed to Tsunematsu Yanase & Sekine, and the business of this firm grows, focusing primarily on the legal practice areas related to international securities and finance.
Establishment of Nagashima Ohno & Tsunematsu
- Nagashima & Ohno and Tsunematsu Yanase & Sekine, with the participation of all lawyers from both firms, combine to form Nagashima Ohno & Tsunematsu, the first Japanese law firm of more than 100 lawyers, and quickly organizes to become a full service firm.
- Establishment of New York Office.
- Establishment of Singapore Office.
- Establishment of Bangkok Office.
Establishment of HCMC Office.
Establishment of Shanghai Office.
- Establishment of Hanoi Office.
Relocation of Tokyo Office to Marunouchi (JP Tower).
- Commencing operations in Jakarta.